Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A quick throw-together dip when you have unexpected guests.
- 1 cup hummus (commercial or homemade)
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup commercial chunky salsa
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- tortilla chips
- Spread the hummus over the bottom of a 1-quart glass dish.
- Next, sprinkle evenly with avocado.
- Sprinkle lime juice over the avocado; season lightly with salt and pepper if desired.
- Top with salsa, sour cream, and cilantro.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
I couldn't get the sour cream to spread across the top of this once I got it in the casserole dish. Needless to say I wound up just stirring everything up together. It is not nice to look at (that's why I didn't even bother with a picture) but it tastes really really good. My DH hates hummus, but I love it and since he likes this a lot this will be a great way for me to use up the hummus that I can't eat by myself when I make it. Thanks for sharing!