Recipe by JasoFett
This soup is a great tangy southwest flavored chicken soup! Serve with tortilla chips! Great for summer evenings!
- 1 cup kale
- 1⁄2 cup spinach
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 anaheim chili
- 1 medium white onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 cups brown rice
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 packets mccormick's baja citrus marinade
Directions See How It's Made
- Precook brown rice or use 1 microwavable packet of precooked brown rice.
- Dice peppers. Set aside.
- Finely chop kale, cilantro and spinach. Set aside.
- Chop onions and garlic.
- Cut chicken breasts into smaller pieces. Put in slow cooker with onions, garlic, olive oil and chicken.
- Pour 1 packet of McCormick's Baja Citrus Marinade and water in slow cooker.
- Cook chicken for approximately 1.5 hours.
- When chicken is cooked, shred with fork.
- Put other vegetables in slow cooker, then pour in chicken stock, lime juice and other packet of McCormick's Baja Citrus Marinade. Stir.
- Cook in slowcooker for 2 hours. After time is up, add brown rice.
- Cook for one half hour.
- When serving, garnish with sprig of cilantro, sour cream and cotijo cheese.