This is my take on chicken tortilla soup. Low fat but still very filling. Hope you like it!
Make and share this Baja Chicken Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- sour cream
- diced avocado
- tortilla chips
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large saucepan, brown in a little oil on all sides. Remove, and set aside.
- Add onions, garlic, bell pepper, and jalapeno to pan. Saute until vegetables have softened. Add the cumin, coriander, chili powder, and oregano to pan. Cook and stir another minute.
- Add the broth, tomatoes, corn, and chicken. Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in the lime juice and cilantro. Top with any or all of the garnishes.
Delicious! I started to make this last night for today and realised I didn't have corn. So I finished cooking it leaving out the corn, lime, fresh coriander and garnishes. Today while I was in town I purchased corn, added it to the soup tonight and then finished the recipe as written. The flavours are delicious and it was so easy to make. Thank you Cat Berner