Christmas Carol's Note:
This is a deliciously different type of taco xalad which includes chicken, avocado, and a tantalizing taco-flavored dressing. It's a very classy salad and a Pillsbury Bake-Off winner. Blue tortilla chips accompanying this dish adds the final touch of authentic Mexican flair!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package old el paso taco seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package mixed baby greens or 1 (10 ounce) package salad greens
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 2 2/3 ounces shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend (2/3 cup)
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 3 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- blue tortilla chips
- 1In a medium bowl, combine the taco seasoning mix, light brown sugar, 1/2 cup olive oil, and cider vinegar; blend well.
- 2Place chicken pieces in a medium, shallow bowl.
- 3Pour 1/2 cup of the seasoning mixture over the chicken.
- 4Reserve remaining mixture for the dressing.
- 5In a medium skillet, heat 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- 6With a slotted spoon, remove chicken from seasoning mixture and discard remainder of mixture.
- 7Add chicken to the skillet, cooking and stirring for 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink in the center.
- 8In a large bowl, combine the baby greens, grape tomatoes, and red onion.
- 9Add reserved seasoning mixture and toss to coat.
- 10On a serving platter, arrange salad mixture and top with chicken, cheese, sour cream, avocado, and black olives.
- 11Arrange blue tortilla chips around the salad.
Browse Our Top Baja Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Baja Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baja Chicken Salad With Taco Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 649.0
- Calories from Fat 459
- Total Fat 51.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 102.3 mg
- Sodium 1023.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 31.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed baby greens