A quick mexican lasagna easy to make, healthy, and delicious. I make my own tortillas (corn) but you can go with store bought if you'd like. I also found a light sour cream at Trader Joes that has one ingredient; milk.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro or 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 8 corn tortillas
- 8 ounces cooked chicken breasts
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- jalapenos or pepperoncini pepper
- 1Mix beans, tomatoes, onion, cumin, chili powder, and cilantro together.
- 2Cut tortillas into 1 inch wide strips.
- 3Prepare a baking dish with cooking spray, or line with foil.
- 4Lay down a layer of tortilla strips, sprinkle some chicken across that.
- 5Top that with about 1/4 of the been mixture.
- 6Sprinkle cheese over that.
- 7Repeat until all of the ingredients, except sour cream, are gone.
- 8Blop (it's a cooking term) the sour cream on the top and sprinkle with last of cheese.
- 9Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 10Can also use flour tortillas, but I like the flavor of corn much better.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baja Chicken Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.6
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 41.6 mg
- Sodium 165.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 22.8 g