Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A quick mexican lasagna easy to make, healthy, and delicious. I make my own tortillas (corn) but you can go with store bought if you'd like. I also found a light sour cream at Trader Joes that has one ingredient; milk.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro or 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 8 corn tortillas
- 8 ounces cooked chicken breasts
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- jalapenos or pepperoncini pepper
- Mix beans, tomatoes, onion, cumin, chili powder, and cilantro together.
- Cut tortillas into 1 inch wide strips.
- Prepare a baking dish with cooking spray, or line with foil.
- Lay down a layer of tortilla strips, sprinkle some chicken across that.
- Top that with about 1/4 of the been mixture.
- Sprinkle cheese over that.
- Repeat until all of the ingredients, except sour cream, are gone.
- Blop (it's a cooking term) the sour cream on the top and sprinkle with last of cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Can also use flour tortillas, but I like the flavor of corn much better.