Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
So this was my lunch yesterday and today. And I'm thinking about whipping up another bowlful this weekend to serve with some yummy grilled chicken (if it warms back up enough to be pleasant for eating outdoors! Brr!). And whipping up is probably not the best verb here...because there is no whipping involved. Just stirring really. So mabye I'll stir up another bowlful this weekend. ;) This dish is super "clean" and diet friendly recipe. It's almost paleo (I think...I can't keep the "rules" straight on this diet!), gluten free, dairy free, low carb, etc. There is minimal chopping...and just takes a few minutes to prep! Win-win-win...Baja-Cali Black Bean Salad FTW! I'm calling this Baja-Cali because it has all the flavors and colors of Baja...red/green...lime/cilantro...plus an avocado mixed in as well. Hence the Baja-Cali prefix for this black bean salad. Hope y'all enjoy this refreshing black bean salad!
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 2 small limes, squeezed
- handful cilantro leaf
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the diced tomatoes, black beans and corn to a colander in the sink and rinse well. Shake well to "dry".
- In a mixing bowl, toss together all the ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- A NOTE ON THE LIMES: Start with the juice from 1 lime, taste and then add another if you want more lime flavor. Not all limes have the same amount of juice in them, so thought I'd add a note. :).
- Serve the Baja-Cali Black Bean Salad as lunch or a side dish -- as is, or with tortilla chips. Enjoy!