1/1 Photo of Baja Beer-Battered Tilapia (Great for Fish Tacos)
Tee Lee's Note:
This recipe is a healthful version of the battered, deep-fried and crispy fish at Rossy's Tacos in Baja California. I have never had their fish tacos, but this recipe sound great as a main dish or in a taco. From eatingwell.com .
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup beer
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 -1 1/4 lb tilapia fillets or 1 -1 1/4 lb any other mild white fish fillet
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
For Fish Tacos
- 1Place all the Beer Batter ingredients in a blender; blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- 2Transfer the batter to a shallow baking dish, add fish, turning to coat all sides.
- 3Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Transfer one-third of the battered fish to the pan, placing each piece into a little oil.
- 5Cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- 6Transfer cooked fish to a plate; keep warm.
- 7Add 1 tablespoon oil and half the remaining fish to the pan; cook as directed above, reducing the heat if necessary.
- 8Cook the remaining fish with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- 9Serve immediately.
- 10To make tacos: fill tortillas with fish and cabbage then top with salsa. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baja Beer-Battered Tilapia (Great for Fish Tacos)
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.9
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 37.8 mg
- Sodium 239.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 17.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat tortillas
pico de gallo