Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
The time does not include 20 minutes stand time.
- 29.58 ml ancho chili peppers
- 9.85 ml garlic salt
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml oregano leaves
- 453.59 g skirt steak
- 8 flour tortillas
- 226.79 g monterey jack cheese, cut into 16 equal slices
- 354.88 ml pinto beans (preferably homemade) or 354.88 ml pinto beans, canned rinsed and drained
- pico de gallo or salsa
Grilled Lime Jalapenos
- lime juice
- Stir together dry seasonings in a small bowl. Sprinkle over both sides of skirt steak and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Grill over medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove from grill and let stand for 5 minutes, then chop into small, bite-size pieces; set aside and keep warm.
- Cook each tortilla in a large skillet, or griddle over high heat for about 15 seconds on each side.
- Place 2 pieces of cheese in the center of each tortilla and place in a large skillet.
- Cook over medium heat for about 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from skillet and top with a spoonful of beans, meat, salsa and guacamole.
- Serve with Grilled Lime Jalapeños.
- Grilled Lime Jalapeños:
- Grill whole jalapeño peppers over medium heat until well charred on all sides.
- Remove from grill and slice.
- Season generously to taste with fresh lime juice and salt.
- You'll be addicted to these in no time!