The time does not include 20 minutes stand time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons ancho chili peppers
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 lb skirt steak
- 8 flour tortillas
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, cut into 16 equal slices
- 1 1/2 cups pinto beans (preferably homemade) or 1 1/2 cups pinto beans, canned rinsed and drained
- pico de gallo or salsa
Grilled Lime Jalapenos
- 1Stir together dry seasonings in a small bowl. Sprinkle over both sides of skirt steak and let stand for 30 minutes.
- 2Grill over medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side.
- 3Remove from grill and let stand for 5 minutes, then chop into small, bite-size pieces; set aside and keep warm.
- 4Cook each tortilla in a large skillet, or griddle over high heat for about 15 seconds on each side.
- 5Place 2 pieces of cheese in the center of each tortilla and place in a large skillet.
- 6Cook over medium heat for about 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
- 7Remove from skillet and top with a spoonful of beans, meat, salsa and guacamole.
- 8Serve with Grilled Lime Jalapeños.
- 9Grilled Lime Jalapeños:
- 10Grill whole jalapeño peppers over medium heat until well charred on all sides.
- 11Remove from grill and slice.
- 12Season generously to taste with fresh lime juice and salt.
- 13You'll be addicted to these in no time!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baja Beef Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.6
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 60.1 mg
- Sodium 396.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 27.9 g