Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
The time does not include 20 minutes stand time.
Make and share this Baja Beef Tacos recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons ancho chili peppers
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 lb skirt steak
- 8 flour tortillas
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, cut into 16 equal slices
- 1 1⁄2 cups pinto beans (preferably homemade) or 1 1⁄2 cups pinto beans, canned rinsed and drained
- pico de gallo or salsa
Grilled Lime Jalapenos
- lime juice
- Stir together dry seasonings in a small bowl. Sprinkle over both sides of skirt steak and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Grill over medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove from grill and let stand for 5 minutes, then chop into small, bite-size pieces; set aside and keep warm.
- Cook each tortilla in a large skillet, or griddle over high heat for about 15 seconds on each side.
- Place 2 pieces of cheese in the center of each tortilla and place in a large skillet.
- Cook over medium heat for about 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from skillet and top with a spoonful of beans, meat, salsa and guacamole.
- Serve with Grilled Lime Jalapeños.
- Grilled Lime Jalapeños:
- Grill whole jalapeño peppers over medium heat until well charred on all sides.
- Remove from grill and slice.
- Season generously to taste with fresh lime juice and salt.
- You'll be addicted to these in no time!