Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have been playing with dates again and I came up with these bars. These are a dessert date bar rather than a breakfast date bar. I hope you like them!
- 1 cup oats
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup flour (I like whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup dates, chopped (I like Amport brand)
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened coconut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl; mix oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- Put butter in the oat mix and mix it in with your fingers like you're making a meatloaf (or you can use a fork but it takes longer).
- When the mix is moist and just blended; add raisins, dates, and coconut. Mix until all is blended then mix in vanilla.
- Press mixture into a 9X13 cake pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool for 30 minutes then cut into squares.