Recipe by DbKnadler
This is something that I grew up eating. Now my sister makes it for every cookout and holiday gathering due to requests from in-laws. It's the only macaroni salad I have ever liked. Prep time is time to cook macaroni and chop veggies. I did not include refrigeration time.
- 453.59 g box macaroni, cooked
- 12 eggs, hardboiled
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 large celery ribs, diced
- 709.77 ml mayonnaise (we use Miracle Whip)
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 170.09 g can shrimp, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni, prepare all veggies, and dice the eggs.
- Drain macaroni and run cold water over it to bring it to room temperature.
- Add all ingredients into very large bowl and mix (we use our clean hands for this).
- Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Best when made a day in advance, to let the flavors mingle.
- If using canned shrimp, they will break up and be very fine. This means no one knows there's shrimp in it unless you tell them, so this can be your "secret ingredient". ;).
- Larger shrimp can be used, this is just what mom always made it with.