1/1 Photo of Bair Family Macaroni Salad
This is something that I grew up eating. Now my sister makes it for every cookout and holiday gathering due to requests from in-laws. It's the only macaroni salad I have ever liked. Prep time is time to cook macaroni and chop veggies. I did not include refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook macaroni, prepare all veggies, and dice the eggs.
- 2Drain macaroni and run cold water over it to bring it to room temperature.
- 3Add all ingredients into very large bowl and mix (we use our clean hands for this).
- 4Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- 5Best when made a day in advance, to let the flavors mingle.
- 6If using canned shrimp, they will break up and be very fine. This means no one knows there's shrimp in it unless you tell them, so this can be your "secret ingredient". ;).
- 7Larger shrimp can be used, this is just what mom always made it with.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bair Family Macaroni Salad
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.7
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 101.7 mg
- Sodium 212.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 6.0 g