Baingan Ka Bharta (bihari Style)
- Wash the baingan, wipe dry it.
- Apply little oil on its surface all around and roast it over the flame, turning around on the fire, till whole of its outer surface turns blackish and flaky.
- Peel off the burnt skin of the roasted baingan.
- Add onion, ginger, garlic, dhania patta, salt, and uncooked mustard oil.
- Mash everything well, leaving no lumps of unmashed baingan.
- Pickle masala esp.
- mango or red chilly pickle masala is also added to this bharta to enhance the taste.
- Serve with daal-rice, khichdi or stuffed parathas.