Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 big eggplant
- 1 small onion (finely cut)
- 1 big onion, fried to a brown onion paste
- 1 big tomatoes (finely cut)
- 1 cup peas
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, to taste
- 2 green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 3 -4 tablespoons cream
- coriander leaves (finely cut)
- Prick the eggplant nicely with the fork all over.
- Broil the eggplant in the oven(right under the broil) for about 7 minutes one side and anther 7 mins on the other side until the skin starts charring. Let it cool and remove the skin. Or roast it in a grill pan after peeling skin or burn it on the stove top. Keep the burnt eggplant in a ziplock bag and sweat it for easy removal of skin.
- Now start chopping this eggplant nicely into as small pieces as possible or until they are mashed nicely.
- Fry the onions in oil + ghee till it turns to golden color. Then add Ginger-Garlic Paste to it and fry for another minute.
- To this add tomatoes and all the rest of the masala's and fry for 2 more minutes until tomatoes are nicely cooked and mashed.
- Now to this add the mashed eggplant + 2 Tbsp of water and cook on light flame for about 5 more minutes until all the ingredients are nicely blended. Add cream. Garnish it with fresh coriander leaves.
- This dish goes very well with plain chapathi's or even rice.