Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A decadent dinner party dessert. But very yummy!
- 12 fluid ounces Greek yogurt
- 12 fluid ounces double cream (heavy cream)
- 6 fluid ounces Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 ounce icing sugar
- 8 meringue nests (in the UK, Marks & Spencers ones are best!)
- 1 ounce grated chocolate (or a Flake chocolate bar, crumbled)
- 1 ounce cocoa powder
- Whip the cream until very stiff.
- Stir the Baileys into the yoghurt with the icing sugar (powdered sugar or confectioners' sugar), then fold in the whipped cream. Refrigerate until it's time to serve.
- When ready to serve, put one meringue mest into each dessert dish, spoon in as much of the Baileys yoghurt-cream as seems prudent, sprinkle with chocolate, then dust with cocoa powder (using a sieve for neat, even coverage).
- You will probably have more of the filling than you need, depending on the size of your meringue nests - but better too much than too little!
Made this for a dinner party and it was a hit. I made exactly as is and served with some canned peaches and vanilla ice cream as extras. A very easy to make dessert and one I will add to my 'keepers' file :)
If you ever want people to look at you with loving eyes, then make this dish! Your guests will just melt when they taste this! It is simple to make but heavenly!!