Recipe by Vseward Chef-V
Another yummy cheesecake - very attractive too with the chocolate crust, topping and marble filling in between. Also, another way to have some Baileys during the holidays.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, melted
- 5 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter and chocolate wafer crumbs. Press into the bottom of a 10" springform pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 325 degrees F.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time while beating. Stir in sour cream, Baileys, and vanilla.
- Pour 2/3 of the cheesecake mixture over the crust. To the remaining mixture stir the melted chocolate. Spoon the chocolate mixture by large spoonfuls over the plain cheesecake mixture. Run a knife through it a few times to create a marbled effect.
- Bake at 325 degrees F. for about 1 and 1/2 hours, until the center is raised and set. Let cool to room temperature.
- Coarsely chop the chocolate. Mix with whipping cream and butter and melt (on the stove or in microwave). Stir in vanilla. Spread over top of the cheesecake.
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours, or overnight.