Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a scrumptious dessert. The macadamia nuts can be raw or dry-roasted, either will work. Be sure to watch the crust while baking - tent with foil if it browns too quickly.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup light Karo syrup
- 1⁄2 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups macadamia nuts (I chop one cup and leave one cup whole)
- 1 9 inch pie shell
- Cream together eggs, salt, sugar, and butter.
- Blend in Karo and Baileys.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour filling into pie shell.
- Bake in a preheated 300 degree (150 C) oven for one hour or until set in center.
- Cool before slicing.
OMG!!! was this ever good!!! I was out of chocolate chips so I used butterscotch and the pie was incredible. I might even use butterscotch chips when I make the recipe again, made it rich and flowed with the rest of the ingredients.
This was delicious! It is a RICH recipe but everyone at home and work enjoyed the pies. It was devoured in seconds. Keep an eye as it bakes, if needed, foil the edges of the pie if it browns too quick.