Prep 5 hrs
Cook 15 mins
- 3 eggs, separated
- 6 fluid ounces Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 8 fluid ounces Cool Whip
- 2 tablespoons bittersweet chocolate, shaved
- Beat egg yolks until they are lemon-colored, then add the salt and Bailey's.
- Cook in top of double boiler until yolk mixture thickens, and then allow to cool.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Combine egg/Bailey's mixture, egg whites, and 2/3 of the Cool Whip, using a folding motion.
- Fold in ¾ cup of the nuts.
- Scrape the mixture into a baked pie shell, and cover with the remaining whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with the remaining nuts and chocolate shavings.
- Freeze for 4 hours, but no more than 8.