Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
from "spice girl" - http://elizabeth-spice.blogspot.com/2008/11/bailey-irish-cream-brownies.html
- 1 cup butter
- 4 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons bailey's irish cream
- Place butter and chocolate into a medium saucepan and melt over low heat, stirring often. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13×9 inch baking pan with aluminum foil and lightly coat with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Beat sugar and eggs together in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until lightened and fluffy (approximately 4 minutes). Add flour and salt gradually. Fold in the melted chocolate mixture.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar in another medium bowl. Beat until creamy. Add egg and liqueur and beat.
- Pour half of the chocolate batter into the pan. Spread all of the the cream layer over the chocolate layer. Pour the remaining chocolate batter over the cream cheese layer and smooth. If desired, swirl the layers together with a knife for a marbled effect.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Cool completely before cutting.