Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 mins
A flavored fudge that is Oh s-o-o-o-o good. I usually make this around the Holidays for gifts. Seems as though everyone loves it.
- 1 (12 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 3 (6 ounce) packages semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (save the can)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 0.75 (14 ounce) milk can Baileys Irish Cream
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup nuts
- Melt chips in a glass mixer bowl in the microwave.
- Add remaining ingredients(except the nuts) and blend.
- Add the nuts.
- Pour into a 13" x 9" waxed paper lined pan.
- Chill & cut into pieces.
I made this, with the intention of giving it out as gifts this year. I followed the recipe exactly (for a change!) and my fudge never set. It's been in my fridge for 4 days now, and the top is dry, but it's still the consistency of hot fudge underneath. It might be OK for ice cream topping, but not for cutting into squares like I was expecting. Also, to me it tasted too much like Bailey's and not enough like chocolate, but I understand that is personal taste. If it had set up, I would have simply reduced the Bailey's in the next go around to see if it was better, but since it didn't set, I'm not going to bother.
This was pretty good, but I realized that I forgot to add the vanilla after it had already set! I even put almost a full can of baileys, but I couldn't taste any alcohol at all. I imagine it would be even better with the vanilla. Thanks!