Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This can also be used as a mousse, it's fairly flexible. I'd like to try folding in some fruit or something for an elegant dessert.
- 1 egg white
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 250 ml cream
- 100 ml Baileys Irish Cream, liquer
- 3 tablespoons drinking chocolate
- Whisk egg white with the pinch of salt until thick. Add the sugar, beat until glossy and forming stiff peaks.
- In another bowl, beat the cream until it starts to thicken. Add the Baileys and drinking chocolate, beat again until everything is incorporated and the mix is nice and thick.
- Gently fold the egg white mixture into the cream mixture, combining thoroughly.
- Serve topped with grated chocolate, with apple wedges and wafer biscuits to dip. Yum!
Oh this is so rich but so good and so easy to make - I got 6 serves and sprinkled some white and milk chocolate over and it was thoroughly enjoyed - now we have fight on as to who gets the remaining two serves. Thank you chickee.
Amanda in Adelaide made this for our dinner together last night. It was great with her extra addition of shaved chocolate (you can NEVER have too much chocolate ;-) ) We felt the whipped egg white was a bit unnecessary too.
Oh so delicious Chickee! So easy to make! I started making it for a dip, but forgot to get strawberries, so I ended up making it and serving it as a mousse, with homemade biscuits. The family loved it and it tasted wonderful. I did not change a thing in the recipe and the taste with the Bailey's was so yummy. Next time I am going to make it as a dip to serve with strawberries, that should be so nice! Thanks Chickee a wonderful recipe!