Prep 30 mins
Cook 22 mins
Here's a yummy treat to help celebrate your St. Patrick's Day celebration. These from-scratch cupcakes are moist and festive! Recipe is from Woman's World.
- 177.44 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 177.44 ml hot water
- 88.74 ml butter, room temperature
- 236.59 ml butter, at room temperature
- 395.10 ml all-purpose flour
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar
- 177.44 ml dark brown sugar, packed
- 6.16 ml baking powder
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 177.44 ml buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 59.14 ml miniature chocolate chip
- 453.59 g package confectioners' sugar
- 59.14 ml irish cream, such as Bailey's (or heavy cream)
- 0.59 ml leaves green concentrated food coloring, plus additional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 18 muffin cups with liners.
- In bowl, mix cocoa and hot water until dissolved; reserve.
- Melt 6 T butter; reserve.
- In bowl, mix flour with next five ingredients.
- Whisk in buttermilk, eggs, melted butter and cocoa mixture.
- Stir in chips.
- Divide among liners.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Transfer from pan to racks; cool.
- On medium-high speed, beat remaining butter until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until blended.
- Add liqueur; beat until light and fluffy, 2 minutes.
- Beat in 1/8 t food coloring until blended.
- If desired, fit large star tip into pastry bag.
- Using paintbrush starting at tip of bag, paint 2-3 lines of food coloring along inside, ending 1 inch from edge.
- Place bag in glass; fill with frosting.
- Pipe, or with spoon, spread frosting over cupcakes.
- If desired, decorate with shamrocks.
This recipe worked out great for St. Patrick's Day! I only made one significant change, I substituted Pamela's Baking Mix for the flour and baking soda because my roommate has Celiac but you never would have known they were gluten free. Will definitely be doing this recipe again but am interested in changing up the frosting with other creamy liqueurs. Who knew making your own frosting could be so easy and so much better than store bought? I've also uploaded a picture of my finished cupcakes all decorated but the photo is waiting approval.
Recipe halved with no troubles. tasty frosting!
I have to admit that didn't go exactly by the recipe. DH put in his 3 cents worth and since I can't eat them I had to make them to suite him. The cupcakes are by the letter with the exception of an addition of 2 tablespoons if Irish Cream added in. The real difference came in the frosting, he wanted vanilla buttercream with the Baileys in it so thats what he got and I just put on some kitty faces for cuteness. The cupcakes are a complete success in this house. My apologies Lainey for not finishing them as ask. Made for Photo Tag.