Here's a yummy treat to help celebrate your St. Patrick's Day celebration. These from-scratch cupcakes are moist and festive! Recipe is from Woman's World.
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup miniature chocolate chip
- 1 (1 lb) package confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup irish cream, such as Bailey's (or heavy cream)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon leaves green concentrated food coloring, plus additional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 18 muffin cups with liners.
- In bowl, mix cocoa and hot water until dissolved; reserve.
- Melt 6 T butter; reserve.
- In bowl, mix flour with next five ingredients.
- Whisk in buttermilk, eggs, melted butter and cocoa mixture.
- Stir in chips.
- Divide among liners.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Transfer from pan to racks; cool.
- On medium-high speed, beat remaining butter until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until blended.
- Add liqueur; beat until light and fluffy, 2 minutes.
- Beat in 1/8 t food coloring until blended.
- If desired, fit large star tip into pastry bag.
- Using paintbrush starting at tip of bag, paint 2-3 lines of food coloring along inside, ending 1 inch from edge.
- Place bag in glass; fill with frosting.
- Pipe, or with spoon, spread frosting over cupcakes.
- If desired, decorate with shamrocks.