Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Wow! This ice cream is rich and absolutely delicious! Words cannot describe it.
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup bailey's irish cream
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate pieces (you may chop a chocolate bar into chunks of desired size or use chocolate chips)
- Whisk eggs for 2 minutes until light.
- Using a hand mixer, add the sugar a little at a time blending on a low-setting until combined in between each addition.
- Blend in the cream, irish cream, milk, and instant coffee until combined.
- Place the mixture in an ice cream machine and freeze until your cream begins to stiffen(follow your machine's directions, this may take anywhere from 20-50 minutes).
- Add the chocolate pieces and freeze until the ice cream is stiff and ready. Do not remove too early or the ice cream will become icy when it finishes freezing in the freezer. But the ice cream should be pliable.
- Tightly pack in a tubberware container and freeze.
- Makes about 8 half cup servings.
I really enjoyed this ice cream, i am not a fan of coffee though so used a good hot chocolate instead. Turn out great will definately make this agian!
Sooo good! I decreased the coffee to 1 tablespoon and used 2 tablespoons of hot chocolate mix as someone suggested. Hint of coffee still but not as strong. I also decreased the cream to 1 cup, replaced the rest of it with whole milk for a lighter, less rich ice cream.
The texture was great, but I didn't like the coffee flavor very much, a bit too strong for me. I would have left it out, or at least halved it next time. I didn't use any chocolate chips either. If it wasn't for the coffee flavor I would have loved this rich and smooth ice cream.