Cook1 hr 19 mins
This is a decadent, moist cheesecake that never fails. I got the recipe from my sister-in-law who brings it to every family function. There are never any leftovers! *This cheesecake needs to be made and refrigerated one day in advance. Hope you enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pecans, cooled and crushed
- 2 cups chocolate Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 1⁄4 lbs cream cheese, at room temp
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs, at room temp
- 1 cup Baileys Original Irish Cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Coffee Cream Topping
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- chocolate curls or Skor English toffee bit, for decoration on top
- Mix all ingredients.
- Press into a 10" spring form pan and up the sides one inch.
- Bake at 325 for 7-10 minute.
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer until smooth.
- Beat sugar in gradually, and then add eggs one at a time.
- Blend in Bailey's and vanilla.
- Sprinkle half of chocolate chips over crust.
- Spoon in filling.
- Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake at 325 degrees approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes or until puffed, springy in center and golden brown. Place a pan of water on bottom rack of oven while baking to keep it moist.
- Cool cake completely.
- Coffee Cream Topping:.
- Beat all ingredients and spread over cooled cake.
- Top with chocolate curls or Skor bits.
- *NOTE: Be sure to make and refrigerate at least one day before serving.