Recipe by Leslulu
This is the first cheesecake I ever made. I got the recipe from Chef Jeffery Rouse of London's restaurant who graciously contributed it to one of our local cookbooks.
- 2 lbs cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 2 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 6 ounces graham cracker crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup almonds, sliced, blanched
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 5 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 3 ounces white chocolate, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- For Batter: add each ingredient listed below, one at a time, whipping for 5 minutes after each ingredient is added. After last ingredient is added, whip until all is creamy smooth.
- Cream cheese, then
- Heaving whipping cream, then
- Sour cream, then.
- Eggs, then
- Sugar, then.
- Bailey's Irish Cream.
- For Crust:.
- Mix the graham crackers, almonds, cinnamon and nutmeg together.
- Add melted butter and mix well.
- Pack this mixture evenly into spring form pan and bake it for 5 minutes in a preheated 350°F oven.
- Sprinkle grated chocolate over the crust while the crust is still hot.
- Add the batter and bake in a water bath at 350°F for approximately 1 1/2 hours or until golden brown.
- Let it cool in the oven.