Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
I thought I got this recipe from Bon Appetit but when I researched it I found that it really is different. Maybe I changed it over time but the result is a cheesecake that is so good I can't go to friends homes without making it!
- 8 whole graham crackers
- 1⁄8 cup butter, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese, 3- 8 ounce packs
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour, all-purpose
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup baileys' irish cream
- 2 tablespoons baileys' irish cream
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 9 ounces semisweet chocolate
- -- Crust --.
- Heat oven to 350°F Finely grind graham crackers in food processor adding butter till combined. Press into bottom of 9" springform pan. Bake until golden, about 8 minutes. Maintain oven temperature.
- -- Filling --.
- With blender mix cream cheese (should be at room temperature) and sugar till smooth. Beat in flour. Add eggs one at a time beating till just combined. Mix in rest of ingredients.
- Pour into crust and bake 10 minutes at 350F then reduce temp to 250°F Bake until set, about 45 to 50 minutes. Cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Run sharp knife around edge of pan to loosen.
- -- Glaze --.
- Simmer cream in heavy medium size sauce pan. Reduce heat to low and add chopped chocolate stirring till melted. Let cool to luke warm.
- Release pan from sides of cake, remove and place cake on wire rack. Place aluminum foil or wax paper under rack to catch drippings. Pour glaze over cheesecake allowing excess to run over sides. With the back of spoon swirl the chocolate from center outwards to coat entire cake. Let cheesecake cool completely, dust with confectioners sugar for effect.