Recipe by LiisaN
This is the best, moistest cake I've made from scratch. It's always requested for at work and/or family gatherings.
Top Review by Pam in the Kitchen
Wow! The cake is superb! So easy to make. It rises up nice and light, yet stays very moist and the flavor is rich and delicious! Perfect texture. I baked it in a 9" springform so it took about 10 more minutes to bake to perfection. The whipped cream frosting was very good, not too sweet and held up well to applying it to the cake. Next time I will double the Bailey's in the frosting too - you could taste it, but I wanted more. It took several slices to decide :) Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup bailey irish cream
- 1 cup strong black coffee
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup bailey irish cream (or more to taste - I tend to use 1/8 cup!!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cake: Sift dry ingredients together.
- Beat egg, oil, buttermilk, liqueur, coffee together.
- Add to the dry ingredients; beat together for about 3 minutes.
- Pour into greased/floured 10" springform pan or 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutues for the springform or 25 to 30 minutes for the 9x13- or until done.
- Frosting: beat ingredients together until stiff.
- Turn cake out onto a plate and frost with whipped cream mixture.
- Sprinkle with chocolate curls.