Recipe by kathy2263
Lush, elegant looking dessert that will make a big impression. Looks like you've spent hours preparing. Be sure to refrigerate the Andes Mints so they are easy to chop.
Top Review by fluffystew
Tasty! More like a trifle than a cake, which was just what I was looking for. Served this at a dinner party last night and all four of us had seconds (and there is still half a bowl left). Tastes very light and the Bailey's is quite subtle. Couldn't find Andes candies anywhere so had to use Peppermint Aero - was very good but I imagine Andes candies would have been better and looked prettier. I whipped real cream with a bit of sugar, vanilla and more Baileys instead of Cool Whip.
I baked the cake in a 9x13 pan but could only use half of the cake when assembling the dessert - half a cake made two layers in the bowl and by then I had used up all the cream and pudding (and had no room left in the bowl). I would think I would have needed almost double the cream and pudding to use the whole cake. But leftover Bailey's soaked cake is not exactly a problem! Thanks for posting - I am surprised more people haven't reviewed this. It is much easier than some of the other Bailey's cakes posted and delicious.
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄2 cup bailey's irish cream
- 2 (3 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) box Andes mints candies
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake cake accoridng to directions.
- while cake is still warm, poke holes in it and pour Bailey's over it.
- Refrigerate covered for at least 3 hours.
- In the meantime, prepare pudding according to package but use a total of 3 cups to prepare both packages of pudding instead of four.
- Also use a food processor to chop up the Andes into small pieces (be careful not to chop into a powder).
- After the three hours, cut the cake into squares and layer at bottom of bowl.
- Then add a layer of pudding then the candy then the Cool Whip.
- Continue this until you've reached the top of the bowl, finishing with a layer of Cool Whip and candy.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.