Recipe by Irmgard
This is one of my adopted recipes.
Top Review by dgpat
I love flavored bread puddings!! I use the fat-free flavored coffee creamers and they work great! And, like KitchenManiac, I like to let it sit and soak up on the counter for a while. Our local grocery has day old bagel slices that they sell for 75cents a bag, and I love the pudding made with them!!
- 4 1⁄2 slices French bread, thick, cut into 1 inch cubes (or substitute Irish soda bread Irish Soda Bread)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk, scalded
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup Baileys Irish Cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Butter one 2-quart casserole dish.
- Prepare a water bath for the 2-quart casserole dish by placing a larger dish with water in the oven.
- Place bread cubes in the 2-quart casserole dish.
- Beat together the eggs, sugar, and vanilla.
- Slowly add the scalded milk and Bailey's Irish Cream.
- Pour over the bread.
- If desired, sprinkle with brown sugar, nutmeg, and raisins.
- Place the casserole in the water bath and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Server either hot or chilled.
- When You take the pudding out of the oven, if the pudding seems to be dry, you can sprinkle some Bailey's over the top to help make it moist.