Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I don't remember where I found this recipe, but I'm looking forward to trying it.
- 3 cups vanilla wafers, finely crushed
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until.
- well blended. Allow to stand 5 minutes.
- Shape mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Roll balls in powdered sugar.
- Allow to dry on wire rack 1 hour.
- Roll in powdered sugar again if desired.
- Store in airtight container between layers of wax paper.
Delicious, rich and definitely sweet -- these Irish Cream Balls will satisfy any sweet tooth. I'll have to ration these away from DH or they will be gone in no time. I did lessen the Baileys a little and offset it to make the balls moist enough to roll. Made for the Sweet December tag game.
Yummy little suckers, but keep them from the kiddies -- they're a tad boozy for them! I used some crushed animal crackers in place of the vanilla wafers (didn't feel like shopping). I accidentally found that I had a much easier time rolling these into balls after the mixture sat for a while. I had mixed everything together and started to roll the balls after a few minutes, but the mixture was super-sticky. I went off to do something else for a while (maybe for an hour or so), and the mixture was much easier to work with after allowing the liquids to soak in more thoroughly. As with all powdered sugar-coated goodies, they need to be eaten carefully (preferably not with dark clothes on) -- I ate a few and came out looking like one of the cookies myself, lol! Thanks for posting! Made for Sweet December Tag 2014
Try it! These are yummy! Definately going on my holiday cookie tray this year. Followed the directions exactly and these turned out beautifully.