Recipe by Cookin' in NJ
A rich and creamy cheesecake recipe that I have used for years. You can substitute bailey's with any liqueur. I've used Amaretto, Kahlua and Godiva chocolate liqueur. Use your imagination!
Top Review by SusannaGail
This recipe is from Bon Appetit Classic Desserts Special Edition about 15 years ago. I've made it several times and it's always been wonderful. I really need to find an excuse to make it again soon.
- 10 graham crackers, broken
- 1 1⁄4 cups pecans (5 oz)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄8 cup melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cream cheese, room temp
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup bailey's irish cream (or liqueur of choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 ounces white chocolate, grated
- 24 pecan halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 325.
- Lightly butter a 9" springform pan.
- In a food processor, grind graham crackers, nuts and sugar until fine.
- Pulse in melted butter.
- Press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the springform pan. (HINT - use a flat bottomed straight glass to press crust against sides and bottom of pan!).
- Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes while you prepare the filling.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Whisk eggs, vanilla and liqueur in a separate bowl until just blended.
- Beat egg mixture into cream cheese & sugar mixture.
- Finely chop white chocolate ( I use a food processor) and add to filling.
- Pour into the chilled springform pan.
- Bake until edges are puffed and the center is set (can take anywhere from 50 min to 75 min, depends on your oven, look for a set center and light golden brown top).
- Remove from oven and let cool on a rack.
- Onced cooled, cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- Mix sour cream and powdered sugar in a bowl.
- Spread on top of the chilled cheese cake.
- Top with grated white chocolate.
- Garnish the outside edges of the cheesecake with pecan halves.