Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A rich, decadent Bailey's cream fudge version that is a wonderful blend of rich dark chocolate, instant dark coffee, marshmallow cream, and Bailey's Irish Cream liqueur.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, Whole Foods 365 brand
- 2 cups granulated sugar, C&H brand
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream, Whole Foods 365 brand
- 1⁄3 cup liqueur
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules, Starbucks VIA French Roast brand
- 1 teaspoon salt, Morton's brand
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or 2 cups chocolate pieces, Hershey's brand
- 7 1⁄2 ounces marshmallow cream, Kraft brand
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, McCormick brand
- Line an 8X8 dish with foil. Add the chocolate to a large mixing bowl; set aside.
- In a medium sized saucepan over medium heat, add the butter, sugar, cream, Irish cream liqueur, instant coffee granules and salt. Stir until the sugar and butter melt.
- Continue to cook the fudge, stirring frequently, until it comes to a boil. Continually scrape sides of the pan to prevent mixture from sticking to them. Once boiling, insert a candy thermometer and cook until it reads 233 degrees Fahrenheit (114 C) on the thermometer. At this point, remove from heat.
- Once the fudge reaches the desired temperature remove the saucepan from the heat and add to the mixing bowl with the chocolate; add the marshmallow cream. Stir until the chips and marshmallow cream are melted and well blended.
- Add the vanilla and stir well. Pour the fudge into the prepared pan. Allow it to set at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours; place in refrigerator afterwards.