Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This cake is fantastic... A must-try Bailey's chocolate cake..no words to describe how delicious this cake is....just try it and see for yourself...if desired you can have the option of using the pecan nuts to garnish the cake...so good with or without using the nuts
Top Review by Knut Førland
This one is among the best cakes I have ever tasted. I didn't have pecans , replaced them with walnuts. Never heard of "chocolate syrup" in Norway so I used melted chocolate instead. It also has a fantastic look garnished with the dipped nuts. Recommended!!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup chocolate syrup
- 3⁄4 cup bailey irish cream
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream, room temp
- 1 tablespoon bailey irish cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- grease 1 9-in round cake pan.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Mix in the eggs.
- Add in the chocolate syrup, Bailey's, coffee granules and the flour; mix until well blended.
- Fold in chopped nuts.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake 55-60 mins, or until cake tests done.
- THIS IS OPTIONAL: Dip one end of pecan halves halfway into melted chocolate to coat; place on waxed paper, chill to set.
- Use later to garnish the cake.
- FOR THE GLAZE: To the remaining melted chocolate, add the sour cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, add the Bailey's; mix well.
- Spread over the top of cooled cake that has been placed on a serving platter, letting some of the chocolate glaze drizzle down the sides of the cake.
- Garnish the cake all around the sides with the chocolate-dipped nuts.