Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is the easiest fudge... recipe can be changed to suit the alcohol you like e.g. Rum, Brandy, Kahula, Whiskey are all the types of alcohol I have used. Favourite Nuts may be added, thinned with a little cream it can be changed into a sauce to top Ice Cream or used as a frosting, endless uses. Enjoy
- Line a 12x6 bar pan or slice pan with baking paper.
- Heat the condensed milk carefully.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave 30 second bursts, stirring after each burst so it doesn't burn. Add to the condensed milk and then mix in Baileys.
- Pour into your lined bar pan and set--leave to cool at room temp or if very warm were you live pop into the fridge to set.
- Cut into pieces and watch it disappear.
- We serve at the cafe with hot chocolate and moccachino--great gift wrapped and given for presents.
Condensed milk comes in 14oz cans 375g = 13.2oz .. if you pour the milk without scraping out the can it works out perfectly. Or if you want to be super pedantic put a pot on the scale and weigh it out. My husband is a Baileys lover and he thoroughly enjoyed this fudge. :)
I made this with Kahlua. Mine stayed gooey, but I think it was because the tin of condensed milk was 400ml instead of 375ml. I served them in cake papers & everyone has enjoyed licking the papers clean. Will definitely try these again. Thanks for sharing.
Mine also turned out runny but realised after day in fridge waiting for it to set I'd only put 1cup c/c in. Made no odds I used it as choc. sauce on our icecream was delicious. Will make it properly next time but will also make as sauce again I find I cant stop eating it!!!!!!! Many thanks for recipe.