Recipe by Kitchen__Princess
I love Baileys and love finding recipes which use it!
Top Review by Southern Polar Bear
These are yummy muffins. I love the full chocolate flavor, with a hint of Baileys, without it tasting too sweet like a cupcake. The only change that I made was to double the cream cheese filling to make more filling available for each muffin. Next time, I may try adding a little more Baileys to the muffin mix to heighten the flavor a little more. Made for PAC spring 2008.
- 90 g cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 50 g butter, melted
- 100 g chocolate, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat cream cheese until smooth, add Baileys and beat again.
- In separate bowl whisk egg, water and butter, then add chocolate.
- Sift remaining dry ingredients into egg mixture and stir until just combined.
- One third fill well-greased muffins pans with muffin mixture, make a hollow in centre, and fill with 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture.
- Top up to three quarters full with reamaining muffin mixture.
- Bake 190 C for 20 minutes.