Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great St. Patrick's Day dessert!
- 1 pie crust
- 1⁄4 ounce unflavored gelatin (1 envelope)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup Baileys Irish Cream (you can use 2/3 cup if it's too strong for your tastes)
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (dark chocolate works well too)
- 1 (8 ounce) containerfrozen Cool Whip
- In saucepan, sprinkle unflavored gelatine over milk. Let stand about 1 minute. Stir over low heat until gelatine is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Add chocolate and continue cooking, stirring constantly until chocolate is melted: stir in vanilla.
- Remove from heat and stir occasionally, adding Bailey's about five minutes after removal from heat. When mixture forms mounds when dropped from spoon (this may take quite awhile to happen- don't give up), fold in whipped topping.
- Turn into crust. Garnish with more whipped topping (or real whipped cream, later, by preference) and strawberries (if desired). Chill at least 4 hours before serving.