Recipe by Sorrie Lue
St. Patty's Day is right around the corner... Fill a pie shell or serve in a dish. This is sooooooo yummy and you won't believe how easy it is to make. It's going to be hard to wait for it to chill, but it's worth the wait! The prep time includes time to chill.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
Very nice, after reading some of the reviews I did decrease the Bailey's to 1/2 cup and next time may make it even a little less. At first I did not think it was setting up right and was runny but after cooling in the fridge it came out just right. Fairly easy to put together and nice creamy taste that looked and tasted like I'd really worked. Thanks for a lovely desert that was enjoyed by all. Made for the Irish leg of Virtual Culinary Cruise: British Isles & Ireland
- ready-made pie crust
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup bailey's irish cream
- 6 ounces chocolate chips (semisweet)
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping (thawed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour milk into a medium saucepan.
- Sprinkle gelatin over the milk and let it sit about 1 minute.
- Turn on low heat and stir until completely dissolved. About 5 minutes.
- Add chocolate chips and continue stirring until melted.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Remove from heat.
- Let sit about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add Bailey's.
- Let cool until peaks form when mixture is dropped from a spoon.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Turn into prepared crust or serving bowls.
- Chill at least 4 hours. I know it's hard to wait, but it's worth it!
- Garnish with fruit or additional whipped topping. Enjoy!