1/2 Photos of Bailey's Chocolate Mousse
1 hr 15 mins
Vseward (Chef~V)'s Note:
Another favorite recipe using Bailey's Irish Cream. Chocolate Mousse is great, but adding a little Bailey's makes it decadent! I've had this recipe for years and can't remember where my friend got it, but I'm glad she shared.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons brewed espresso or 4 tablespoons coffee
- 1Melt chocolate, Irish cream and espresso over low heat.
- 2In separate pan, simmer sugar and water until temperature on a candy thermometer reaches 224 to 230°F., soft ball stage. (Remove from heat at 224°F; mixture will begin to caramelize at 232°F.).
- 3Whip egg whites until stiff and glossy. Add sugar syrup to whites and continue to whip about 8 minutes until eggs have increased in volume and mixture has cooled; fold into chocolate mixture.
- 4Whip heavy cream and sugar until stiff peaks form. Mix with chocolate mixture/eggs/sugar syrup mixture.
- 5Pour mousse into molds or serving dish. Allow to set in fridge. Garnish with chocolate shavings and fresh seasonal berries.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bailey's Chocolate Mousse
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 967.1
- Calories from Fat 807
- Total Fat 89.7 g
- Saturated Fat 55.6 g
- Cholesterol 192.4 mg
- Sodium 109.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 25.8 g
- Protein 14.1 g