Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great mousse, wonderful for the holidays!
Make and share this Baileys Chocolate Mousse recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate (good quality) or 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate (good quality)
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together in a metal bowl (I use my kitchen-aid bowl). And set it over a pan of simmering water.
- Whisk the mixture until it reaches a temperature of 160 degrees (use an instant read or candy thermometer), it should take approximately 5 minutes. Whisk the entire time, being careful not to have scrambled eggs.
- Remove bowl from the pan of simmering water and place on your mixer and beat with the whisk attachment at medium – high speed until it is cool to your touch(on the outside of the bowl) and very thick. This should take approximately 10 minutes.
- While beating the egg and sugar mixture, melt your chocolate and cool to lukewarm.
- In a separate bowl, combine the whipping cream and Baileys together and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the egg and sugar mixture and fold in until blended. Then fold in the whipped cream mixture. I will add a small amount of the cream mixture and blend it in (this will lighten up the mixture a bit) and then fold in the remaining until only streaks of white remain.
- Place in a bowl, cover with saran wrap and chill till set, overnight.
- Once set, it can be spread over a cake layer to be used as filling. Make sure you pipe a dam of your buttercream around the outer edges of the layers to prevent the mousse from being pushed out.
- This is also excellent served as just a mousse dessert.
This mousse is SO delicious! I've made it several times as a filling in a triple layer chocolate cake with a ganache frosting poured on top, it's always a big hit and it's beautiful. I've tried other Bailey's Mousse recipes and they've been grainy. This mousse is silky, smooth and decadent!!
excellent, I used it to fill some chocolate and it was delicious and I ate the leftover in a glass like a mousse and it was perfect... 10/10