Prep 2 hrs 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this in the Australian Good Taste magazine. It's pretty easy to make and makes a great little gift for somebody. It's quite rich and rather decadent! Preparation time includes cooling and setting time.
- 1 (395 g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 100 g butter (chopped)
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 2 tablespoons sugar syrup
- 150 g dark chocolate (finely chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- Brush a 20cm square cake pan with butter. Line base and sides with baking paper, allow it to overhang.
- Combine the condensed milk, butter, sugar and glucose syrup in a heavy-based saucepan. Stir over medium-low heat for 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring constantly for 10-15 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
- Add the chocolate and Baileys, and stir until smooth. Pour into prepared pan and smooth the surface. Set aside for 1 hour to cool. Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour or until firm.
- Use a sharp knife to cut fudge into portions.