Recipe by Sharon Sharalike
I made this cheesecake for a family dinner and received rave reviews. I hope you like it. The recipe called for regular cream cheese, but I used light cream cheese and it worked. Enjoy.
Top Review by DeSouter
I have made this recipe many, many times and always get fabulous reviews. I use Oreo cookies whirled around in a food processor for the crust...no sugar or butter needed. I also leave off the coffee cream because it is simply gilding the lily. Super simple, yet incredibly impressive.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 1⁄4 lbs light cream cheese (room temperature) or 2 1⁄4 lbs cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- chocolate curls, as garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- For crust: Preheat oven to 325°F; coat a 9-inch spring form pan with cooking spray.
- Combine crumbs and sugar in bowl. Stir in butter. Press mixture into bottom and 1 inch up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake until light brown, approx 7 minutes.
- Filling: Beat cream cheese until smooth with electric mixer.
- Gradually add sugar, then eggs one at a time.
- Add Bailey's and vanilla. make sure well mixed.
- Sprinkle half of the chocolate chips over crust. Spoon in filling. Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on the top.
- Bake approx 1 hour & 20 minutes or until cake is puffed and springy in the centre and golden brown.
- Cool in fridge.
- For Cream: Beat cream, sugar and coffee powder until peaks form. spread over cooled cake.
- Garnish with chocolate curls. (I grated chocolate bar with cheese grater, not the most fancy but it worked well enough).