Delicious trifle. A change from the usual trifle. Absolutely wonderful for a dinner party or any dinner. Serves 6 or 1 if you eat nothing else all day!! Preparation time includes chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Use a shallow glass bowl of about 1.5 litre capacity.
- 2Slice the trifle sponges horizontally through the middle. Use 8 halves to cover the base of the glass bowl.
- 3Sprinkle over 4 tablespoons of baileys and 2 tablespoons of juice from the pears.
- 4Whisk together the cream and mascarpone in a large bowl until lightly whipped (be careful not to over-whisk).
- 5Reserve 6 of the chocolate thins and chop the rest so they are still very chunky - about the size of hazelnuts.
- 6Mix the chopped chocolates in with the cream.
- 7Cut the pear hales into 1cm slices and lay over the soaked sponge mixtures.
- 8Spread with half the cream mixture and repeat the whole process again starting with the sponge.
- 9Coarsely chop the remaining chocolate thins and sprinkle over the top.
- 10Leave to chill in hte fridge for a minimum of 2 hours, and serve garnished with fresh mint and a dusting of icing sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baileys Choc Chip Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.0
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 81.9 mg
- Sodium 41.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
single trifle sponge cakes