Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fantastic recipe I found on culinaryconcoctionsbypeabody.com
- 3 large eggs
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons Baileys caramel irish cream
- Using a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the eggs and yolks in a large bowl on high speed for about 5 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water and sugar; simmer until it reaches the soft ball stage, registering between 234 and 240F on a candy thermometer.
- Immediately transfer the syrup to a large heatproof liquid measuring cup. In a slow, thin stream, add the sugar mixture to the egg mixture., mixing on low speed the entire time.
- Increase the speed to medium and beat about 7 minutes, until the syrup has cooled. Add the butter, half a stick at a time, beating on medium after each addition.
- Once all of the butter has been added, beat on medium speed until the frosting thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Stir in the salt and Irish Cream.