Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a fabulous buttercream icing with Bailey's in it, passed on to me by one of my best friends in Texas, who got the recipe from her aunt (and kicked it up a notch with some Bailey's!!). Beware: this ain't your mama's frosting! This definetly isn't the frosting you buy at the store either! This recipe makes enough thick, yummy buttercream frosting for one cake. Laura - here's to you! :)
- 236.59 ml real butter
- 709.77 ml powdered sugar
- 9.85 ml real vanilla extract
- 59.16 ml Baileys Irish Cream
- milk, if needed for desirable consistency
- Cream together butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and Bailey's. Add milk if it is too thick.
- Slather on a very cool cake.
- Kick back with a little slice of heaven.
This recipe is so sweet I think I got diabetes.<br/>Tried it out to recreate Cupcakes and Cashmere's St. Patrick's Ombre Cake and the Bailey's flavor is delicious. However, it is SO sweet the Bailey's and cake flavor is completely overpowered. I would recommend using half the amount of sugar.