Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a fabulous buttercream icing with Bailey's in it, passed on to me by one of my best friends in Texas, who got the recipe from her aunt (and kicked it up a notch with some Bailey's!!). Beware: this ain't your mama's frosting! This definetly isn't the frosting you buy at the store either! This recipe makes enough thick, yummy buttercream frosting for one cake. Laura - here's to you! :)
- 1 cup real butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons Baileys Irish Cream
- milk, if needed for desirable consistency
- Cream together butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and Bailey's. Add milk if it is too thick.
- Slather on a very cool cake.
- Kick back with a little slice of heaven.
I found this on par with a buttercream, consistency wise and sweetness. Taste is excellent. I'll be experimenting a bit with colours to see how it works, but as written the colour is the same as baileys.
This recipe is so sweet I think I got diabetes.<br/>Tried it out to recreate Cupcakes and Cashmere's St. Patrick's Ombre Cake and the Bailey's flavor is delicious. However, it is SO sweet the Bailey's and cake flavor is completely overpowered. I would recommend using half the amount of sugar.