This is a very impressive bundt cake made with Bailey's Irish cream and comes with a scrumptious glaze - topped with sliced almonds and a dollop of whip cream on the side makes it extra special.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup irish cream
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons water, boiling
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons irish cream
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer, about 2 minutes.
- Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed 5-7 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
- Dissolve coffee granules in boiling water; stir in liqueur.
- Add flour to butter mixture alternately with coffee mixture, beginning and ending with flour.
- Mix at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Stir in extracts.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10" bundt pan.
- Bake at 300ºF for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until tested done.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10-15 minutes; remove from pan and let cool 30 minutes on wire rack.
- Brush with Irish cream glaze and sprinkle with toasted almonds.
- GLAZE: Dissolve coffee granules in water; add liqueur and powdered sugar, stirring until blended. Makes 1/2 cup.