This is a very impressive bundt cake made with Bailey's Irish cream and comes with a scrumptious glaze - topped with sliced almonds and a dollop of whip cream on the side makes it extra special.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup irish cream
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons water, boiling
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons irish cream
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer, about 2 minutes.
- Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed 5-7 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
- Dissolve coffee granules in boiling water; stir in liqueur.
- Add flour to butter mixture alternately with coffee mixture, beginning and ending with flour.
- Mix at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Stir in extracts.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10" bundt pan.
- Bake at 300ºF for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until tested done.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10-15 minutes; remove from pan and let cool 30 minutes on wire rack.
- Brush with Irish cream glaze and sprinkle with toasted almonds.
- GLAZE: Dissolve coffee granules in water; add liqueur and powdered sugar, stirring until blended. Makes 1/2 cup.
I made this as a thank you gift ... they LOVED it! The cake was moist and the crust perfect (texture of pound cake.) I cut the sugar by about a 1/2 cup. I garnished the top with sliced almonds and dusted with confectioners sugar. For the Irish Cream, I used Bailey's Original Irish Cream by Todd Wilbur - Bailey's Original Irish Cream. Next time, I'm thinking of adding some sliced almonds and maybe some chocolate chips/shavings to the batter. Mahalo for sharing : )
This is one of the best pound cakes I've ever made and tasted. I followed the recipe to the letter with the exception of baking it in 2 loaf pans because I find it more convenient. The texture was perfect and the addition of Irish Cream made it so flavorful. The cake is very sweet but not too sweet. The glaze complimented it nicely.
Delicious - made exactly as written except used instant esspresso granules and it was delightful! I thought it was going to be too much for my bundt pan as I wasn't sure of the size of my pan (standard from the market) but it turned out nicely. Glaze was just right too - it is a sweet and strong flavor so I wouldn't need more. **Made for Beverage Tag December 2007**