Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I just 'adopted' this recipe from the 'orphan recipes' list - will be trying and editting (if necessary) it. Sounds like a great comfort food.
- Cook the onion, celery, and potatoes in the water for 10 minutes.
- Mix a little milk with the flour to form a soupy paste and set aside.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Add the flour mixture, stirring constantly.
- Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
I made this recipe as part of our adopted recipe support group. I think it turned out very well. Please note that at the time of my review, the adoptive chef hasn't had a chance to edit the ingredients. The instructions mentions mixing the flour with a little milk to make a thickener. Flour isn't in the ingredient list and if you use skim milk you most likely will want to thicken this stew. On the other hand, I used heavy cream instead of skim milk and did not need a thickener. I also used Tilapia filets because it is what I had on hand and it worked very well. This fish stew is very thick with veggies, very flavorful and we really enjoyed it.