Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Yes, my name is Bailey and I like this recipe because its easy! I couldnt say exactly where this came from, bits of it from different places I suppose. If you dont have Irish Cream, feel free to use another liquor or milk if you dont want the alcohol. If you are uneasy about using raw egg, you may beat the mixture over a saucepan of simmering water, I dont.
- 3 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sifted cocoa
- 2 tablespoons Baileys caramel irish cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a medium bowl beat egg yolks and sugar until a pale lemon color.
- Beat in cocoa and Irish Cream.
- You may, at this point, beat over a saucepan of simmering water to slightly cook the egg for 5 minutes.
- In a different bowl, whip cream until it holds stiff peaks.
- Stir in approx 1/2 cup of the whipped cream to lighten the cocoa.
- Fold in remaining mixture gently.
- Divide into servings and chill 1 hour.